Scholastic Chess Gateway - The latest news about chess people, organizations and websites

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chess at Trivia Night

Saturday evening, I attended a Trivia Night fundraiser for my wife's school. Each table of eight people competed as a team, against all of the other table-teams.

I wasn't really able to contribute too much to the team until the one chess-related question came up. The question was: "What game utilizes the Sicilian Defense and Evans Gambit?" The rest of the table was stumped until I filled them in.

I did notice, though, that about 30 of the 41 teams did get the question right. I think the "Gambit" term may have given it away. Now if they asked what game involves zugzwang and x-ray attacks, the results might have been different ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Entertainment blogs Top Blogs Photarium blog directory Blog Directory - photarium RankingBlogs.com :: Defining Your Blogs Worth: TopSites: