Scholastic Chess Gateway - The latest news about chess people, organizations and websites

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Kings of New York - Continued


Not to keep harping on The Kings of New York, but for anyone involved in the world of scholatic chess, it really is an entertaining book.

You can find two additional reviews here:
1) Marjorie Kehe of the Christian Science Monitor
2) Dr. Frank Brady in the April 2007 Chess Life magazine

Lastly, the same April 2007 Chess Life issue contains "A Conversation with Michael Weinreb" by Howard Goldowsky. Among Weinreb's comments:

Sometimes when I tell people I'm a sportswriter they'll ask me whether I have a "favorite sport" that I like to cover. This always seems like a crazy question to me; I always judge the best stories on how interesting they are, regardless of the topic...Two of the best sports books ever written are about high-school basketball (The Last Shot, by Darcy Frey) and high-school football (Friday Night Lights, by H.G. Bissinger). Why not high-school chess?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Entertainment blogs Top Blogs Photarium blog directory Blog Directory - photarium RankingBlogs.com :: Defining Your Blogs Worth: TopSites: