Scholastic Chess Gateway - The latest news about chess people, organizations and websites

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Fischer Sighting in Chicago

Fellow chess blogger and friend Brad Rosen alerted me to the fact that young Brian Luo was tied for the lead of the Under 2100 section of the 2007 Chicago Open. When I checked the website, I quickly scanned the crosstable for any other familiar names. I did come across one.

I noticed that Robert J. Fischer was a point back of the leaders heading into the final round. He appears to be quite a good player, but with a rating of 2039, I'll assume that this Robert J. Fischer is NOT the rabid anti-American, anti-Semitic former world champion.

Here is the crosstable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Entertainment blogs Top Blogs Photarium blog directory Blog Directory - photarium RankingBlogs.com :: Defining Your Blogs Worth: TopSites: